During our weekend of broadcasting for JOTI Radio we will be running a series of contests / competitions / challenges. In order that there is fairnessand openness in the way that we are running our contests, the rules below apply to all our contents broadcast on JOTI Radio or operated through our social media.
1. These terms and conditions are the competition rules (“Rules”) that apply to all competitions (“Competitions”) organised by or on behalf of Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio.
2. In addition to the Rules, other specific terms and conditions may apply to a particular Competition (“Specific Rules”). Such Specific Rules will be posted on the website or announced onair with the details of the competition. Any Specific Rules will be deemed incorporated into these Rules. In the event of any discrepancy between these Rules and the Specific Rules, the Specific Rules shall prevail.
3. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and any Specific Rules that may apply.
4. Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio reserves the right to cancel or amend any Competition, these Rules or any Specific Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within these Rules or the Specific Rules or on the website. At any time, without notice, further terms and conditions may be issued to be read in conjunction with these Rules and any Specific Rules that may apply.
5. Members of the Avon Scout Radio Scout Active Support Unit, Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio presenters, Commissioners or employees of Avon County Scout Council and employees of The Scout Association and any party associated or directly connected to or with the specific Competition (including sponsors) and their families, officers, employees and agents (as applicable) are not eligible to enter any Competition.
6. Only one entry per person per Competition is permitted, unless otherwise stated. Entrants must provide a valid email address.
7. Some competitions may be restricted to residents of the United Kingdom. This is at the discretion of Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio and will usually be to minimise any postal charges in sending the prize to the competition winner or where the prize involves visiting a location within the United Kingdom to help ensure that such a visit is practicable.
8. Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio only broadcasts using the English language. Competition entries will need to be submitted in English. Any entry may be excluded if the entry cannot be understood.
9. Proof of making a phone call or sending an email is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged or otherwise affected by matters outside our control. Entries must be submitted in the format specified in the competition – for example, if the competition asks for entries by
email then that is the only way to enter that specific competition.
10. Where a Competition has a closing date and/or time, all entries must be received before such date and/or time. Late entries will not be taken into consideration in the selection of a winner.
11. By entering a Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
12. Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Rules, or any Specific Rules, or any other terms and conditions that apply to any Competition. Furthermore, entrants who are rude, abusive or deemed otherwise unsuitable by the Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio will be excluded from the relevant Competition.
13. Collusion with other Competition entrants is strictly prohibited and may result in immediate disqualification.
14. Callers are not necessarily entitled to participate in on-air Competitions and will not necessarily appear on-air in the order in which they are called. Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio shall not be liable to reimburse callers for telephone charges when either on hold or on-air. Where the situation arises, only the person who is selected to come to air (if applicable) is eligible to win if they give the correct answer
15. Competition winners will be chosen at random unless otherwise specified. The method of randomly selecting the winner shall be at the sole discretion of the Unit Manager for Avon Scout Radio or a person delegated by the Unit Manager.
16. The decision of the Unit Manager for Avon Scout Radio is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio will endeavour to notify and deliver prizes to winners of each Competition within 30 days of the closing date set for such Competition. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply within 30 days or as specified in the notification may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
18. All Competition prizes are subject to availability.
19. Where prizes are posted to the winner Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio will not be responsible for any customs duty, import charges etc that may be applicable.
20. No Competition prize may be transferred or assigned to any other person and no cash alternative or alternative prize is available. In the event of the advertised Competition prize being unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
21. Competition prizes are awarded at the sole discretion of Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
22. No responsibility will be accepted for inaccurate Competition prize details supplied by Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio.
23. Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio shall not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering, or being unable to enter, any Competition or as a result of accepting any Competition prize. Neither shall it be held responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in a Competition.
24. Competition winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity or any other form of promotional activity. The Promoter reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, and any recordings of them (be it audio or visual) in any publicity or promotion. All Competition entrants agree to their name, home town, country of residence and their involvement with Scouting and/or Girl Guiding being published on-air and on-line. Entrants agree to their participation being broadcast, recorded, repeated and otherwise used for any reason by Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio without being entitled to any payment for such use.
26. Avon Scout Radio / JOTI Radio will keep a winning entrant’s personal details for a reasonable time so that it can send the entrant the winning prize, to verify that these Rules (and any Specific Rules, if applicable) have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. The Promoter may pass a winning entrant’s details on to its sponsors, service providers or agents for the purposes of sending out winning prizes on its behalf.
27. Each Competition (including these Rules, any Specific Rules and all matters incidental thereto) shall be governed by English law and all parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
28. For the avoidance of doubt, “JOTI Radio” is a project of “Avon Scout Radio”. Avon Scout Radio is a Scout Active Support Unit within Avon County Scout Council (Avon Scouts). Avon County Scout Council is a Registered Charity registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales – charity registration number 302146.
Any enquires regarding these Rules and any Specific Rules should be directed to:
The Unit Manager, Avon Scout Radio Scout Active Support Unit, Avon County Scout Council, County Office, Scout Adventures Woodhouse Park, Fernhill, Almondsbury, South Gloucestershire GB-BS32 4LX, United Kingdom.